Strategic Partnership in the Youth Sector, supported by the EU under the program Erasmus+.
The project is implemented by HeurekaNet – Freies Institut für Bildung, Forschung und Innovation e.V. (Germany) in cooperation with:
DOREA EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE WTF (Cyprus)
INSTITUTE OF ECONOMICS OF THE LATVIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES (Latvia)
EDUFORMA SRL (Italy)
In the future, increasingly focused on innovation, inclusion and sustainability, STEAM education and entrepreneurship will be more linked than ever before as they go hand-in-hand. The competencies developed in STEAM – creativity, problem-solving, analytical thinking, adaptability, etc. are equally important for the development of a successful entrepreneur. Both, STEAM and Entrepreneurship education, result in producing individuals who take thoughtful risks, engage in experiential learning, persist in problem-solving, value collaboration and work through the creative process to solve real-life problems.
By introducing research (R) and arts (A) to traditional STEM, as one of the core elements of discovering new knowledge, STREAM (science, technology, research, engineering, art and math), can provide a well-rounded learning experience.
Aims and Objectives
The project aims to improve youth entrepreneurial skills, promote innovation and sustainable solutions to real-life problems existing in Europe and beyond, by introducing “STREAM Entrepreneurship” among youth workers and providing them with knowledge and tools to implement it in their daily youth work.
Main objectives of the project:
1) Develop and enhance the quality of youth work offered in regard to entrepreneurial learning by providing “social agents” (youth workers, trainers, etc) with the knowledge, mindset,
skills and tools needed to implement “STREAM entrepreneurship” in their daily activities;
2) Provide youth organisations with competencies for the incorporation of complementary actions to formal education for the personal, social and professional development of young
3) Empower youth through the development of 21st-century skills as well as the adoption of entrepreneurial thoughts and behaviour;
4) Promote sustainable entrepreneurship, development of new start-ups and workplaces among youth;
5) Promote innovation and inspire young people to become drivers for future growth, finding and developing the sustainable solutions for emerging problems societies are facing;
1) “Guidelines for “STREAM Entrepreneurship” approach implementation in youth work”
The guidelines will provide guidance to organisations active in youth work regarding integration of STREAM Entrepreneurship approach in their activities/programmes for youth.
2) “E-course platform – Empowering Drivers for Future Growth”
The platform will offer e-courses to support youth workers/trainers in their utilization of the STREAM entrepreneurship approach in their activities/programmes with youth. The
important element of the platform is also a space for social learning, where users can exchange knowledge, good practice, etc., learn from and empower each other.